Sunday, November 6, 2011

1st Day at home (November 6, 2011)

Well Billy's first day at home went better than I expected. I got up 3 different times to get his medicine and check on him, but over all he rested okay. He did almost give my mother a heart attack in the middle of the night. Around 2:30am he got up without me knowing it because he though he heard Paige crying, therefore he went into Landon's room (I don't know why he went into Landon's room looking for Paige, but that's what he did) My mother has been sleeping in Landon's room just so you know. So he goes in Landon's room turns off the fan and pulls the covers back off of my mother in which she about jump out of her skin. He says, "where's Paige?" and my mother says, "She's downstairs in her room.". About this time I woke up and he told me "I think I just scared your mom." He then proceeds to tell me he was looking for Landon. (and just 2 minutes earlier he told my mom he was looking for Paige) I have laughed about this over and over today because I can just imagine my mother jumping and looking up at this man standing over her. I know I would have been scared to death as well, but this is just one of the many funny things Billy has done through this whole process. He has said so many funny things that I haven't put in this blog, but I still might just so I can remember and Billy can read one day. As scary as this whole process has been I have had to keep some humor so I don't go crazy myself.

Billy slept on and off most of the day. The headaches go from mild to pretty painful all throughout the day. We are trying to manage them with pain medicine and salt tablets to keep his sodium levels high. (Keeping his sodium levels high have been a high priority throughout his hospital stay and for the next week here at home as well. Keeping his sodium levels up helps keep the fluid from building around his brain.) Today was a pretty good day!!

1 comment:

  1. That's a funny story! I'm so glad you guys are home now, & I hope to hear of Billy improving more & more everyday. We love you guys. Xo

    ReplyDelete